Carpet Installation In Council Bluffs, IA
Learn what to expect before, during, and after your carpet installation with Kelly's Carpet & Furniture.
Knowing what to expect on carpet installation day can help make for a streamlined and smooth installation process.
Here's what to expect before your carpet installation:
- Have a plan for subflooring. Who is removing it? Does it need to be removed? Discuss this with your crew ahead of time.
- Remove furniture and fragile items from the room(s) in question before your crew arrives.
- Complete any necessary painting work before the installation takes place.
- Ensure that children and pets will not be present on installation day.
- Complete a walkthrough with your crew before installation day and be sure and ask any questions that you might have.
Expect the following steps to take place on your carpet installation day:
- The crew will begin by addressing subflooring and/or existing flooring. Subflooring may need to be prepared for installation, or if the existing flooring is present, that may need to be removed, and then the subflooring will need to be prepped.
- For the next step, the crew will lay down the underpad for the carpet.
- Then the team will match up the seams, stretch the carpet flooring, and secure it to the floor.
- The final steps will involve a QA check and cleanup.
Once your carpet floors are installed, you should expect the following:
- You will complete a walkthrough with your installation team.
- You should run a fan for 24 hours to help remove installation-related smells.
- You should allow the materials to settle before walking across your carpet.
- Stay in touch with our team for maintenance tips, questions, or concerns regarding your carpet.