Tile Installation In Council Bluffs, IA
Learn what to expect before, during, and after your tile installation.
Knowing what to expect on tile installation day can help make for a streamlined and smooth installation process.
Here's what to expect before your professional tile installation:
- Have a plan for subflooring. Who is removing it? Does it need to be removed? Discuss this with your crew ahead of time.
- Remove furniture and fragile items from the room(s) in question before your crew arrives.
- Complete any necessary painting work before the installation takes place.
- Ensure that children and pets will not be present on installation day.
- Complete a walkthrough with your crew before installation day and be sure and ask any questions that you might have.
Here's what to expect during your tile installation:
- The crew will begin by addressing subflooring and/or existing flooring. Subflooring may need to be prepared for installation, or if the existing flooring is present, that may need to be removed, and then the subflooring will need to be prepped.
- Your crew will mix the mortar and apply it to the floor using a trowel; they will then lay the tile down on the mortar, ensuring that no gaps exist. This process will continue until all the tile is laid.
- The crew will then work on grouting, sealing, etc.
- Once we are finished, we will QA the work and cleanup.
Once your tile floors are installed, you should expect the following:
- You will complete a walkthrough with your installation team.
- You should run a fan for 24 hours to help remove installation-related smells.
- You should allow the materials to settle before walking on your tile. This is especially important with tile as it relies on materials drying.
- Stay in touch with our team for maintenance tips, questions, or concerns regarding your tile.
- Enjoy your brand-new tile floors!